This document describes how and why we collect, store, protect, use and share the data we process about you, our customers.
Kingsmead Day Nursery is the Data Controller. This means we are ultimately responsible for the personal data we hold about you.
Our contact address is:
Kingsmead Day Nursery
Tel: 01962 862266
The personal data we will collect and process:
• Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
• Your child’s details, including their name, date of birth, vaccination record, GP surgery, allergy information, dietary needs, any special educational needs and disability requirements, and emergency contact details.
All your data will be collected from you and not from any other sources.
The reason we will process your personal data:
We process your personal data to allow your child to use our day nursery.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data:
As we’re processing your data as part of the contract you have with us for the provision of nursery services, we’re allowed to do so under the provisions of Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Processing of information relating to your child’s health (as shown above) is ‘special category’ data and is carried out under the provisions of Article 9(2)(h) of the General Data Protection Regulation and as set out under Section 2(2)(d) of Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 2018 .
Who we will share your personal data with:
Your data will not be shared with anyone unless we are statutorily required to do so (eg with Ofsted).
While we are processing your data, you have the following rights:
• Access – you have a right to confirmation that we are processing your data, a copy of your personal data and other supplementary information
• Rectification – you have a right to have inaccurate personal data corrected
• Erasure – you have a right to have your personal data erased, providing there are no reasons for this right not to apply (eg for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims)
• Portability – you have a right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
• To object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
If you want exercise any of your rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we will store your personal data
Your data will be stored securely on our IT system. Some paper records may from time to time also be used.
We’ll hold your details for 21 years after your child has left our nursery, in line with the requirements of our regulator, Ofsted. All data is securely destroyed.
If you’ve already told us we need to do something, but we haven’t responded in a way that you’re satisfied with, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
It’s easiest to do this online via the ICO website but you can also do so in writing to:
The Information Commissioner’s Office